The fruit of a cactus plant. It has and impressive colour and usually sweet tasting though not with strong flavours. The seed add a bit of crunch to the fruit almost like poppy seeds .. I was wondering what would happen if it was put in a cake ?
the fruit adds interesting colour to the batter.
Topped with cream cheese of course
Inside the cake, most of the cake is not that pink/red that i expected
The taste was pretty ordinary otherwise, just a bit of crunch with the seeds and some colour but not a lot of extra flavour .
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp sodium bicarbonate
3/4 cup mashed dragonfruit
1 tsp orange juice
1. beat the butter and sugar until light
2. add in egg and continue beating
3. Gently fold in flour but do not overmix
4. mix orange juice and sodium bicarbonate to dragon fruit.
5. fold in fruit to the flour mixture